Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

She's gunna be a soccer player..

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Little baby girl.. once you start kicking you just don't stop!

This has to be the most active little thing EVER! Last night, during my usual nightly wake ups to rush to the bathroom before I wet myself, she was kicking up a storm! Every time I tried to go back to sleep she was moving and turning and throwing some punches (or kicks, can't really tell the difference with a 7in baby) and as much as I love feeling her moving around I started getting pretty frustrated. I woke Gerard up like usual when I was trying to get comfortable.. left side with the body pillow in between my legs and under my belly? No... Right side? No... back? Not too good for little one.. Stomach? I wish.

Gerard finally started feeling her movements once he learned to stop expecting a Mike Tyson blow from my belly, and I'm so happy he is feeling more connected with her. He always kept saying how jealous he was that he couldn't experience this pregnancy the same way as me... well Gerard if I could switch places with you I think you would be singin a different tune..

ANYWAYS, off the topic of every woman's dream come true (I mean can't they at least experience our monthly gift.. just ONCE?! No? Okay, moving on..)
I made a realization that I could take a picture of my ultrasound scan with my cell phone and then e-mail it to myself so that I could post it on here, so I chose the best one.. well I chose the only one that was of her body and not just limbs (We didn't care too much for our miss know-it-all technician..)

Miss long legs

Unfortunately I had a hard time getting a good shot that did not include the shadow of my head on top, but it was hopeless.
We still haven't decided on a name yet.. For now I'm going to call her Mia Hamm, baby long legs, Muhammad Ali, you get the idea..

Speaking of Muhammad Ali, I probably said the most embarrassing thing in my life while Gerard and I were watching a program on sports center about the top 50 most memorable events in sports (or something like that). He actually ended up calling his dad alllll the way in England to repeat what I had said..

So the show gets to the event of Muhammad Ali lighting the torch at the Olympics, right? So I'm sitting there and watching him struggle to light it, and I notice he's shaking a lot.. So I SAY:
"Awe, he looks SO nervous!!"
Gerard looks at me with this face.. like "Really Kristin?? Are you being serious?"

Yeah it looked exactly like that..


How was I supposed to know he has Parkinson's Disease!! I don't think I've ever made so many people laugh at me in just one week.. Of course Gerard would have flown a plane over the city with my quote printed on a banner flying in the wind if he could. Now his dad thinks I'm HILARIOUS and I was just being really naive and attempting empathy.. I mean I would be REALLY nervous if I had to stand in front of the entire world and light the Olympic torch.. PLUS in my added defense.. it looked like he was standing really high up (Scary, right!?) So now his dad is going to expect me to be cracking all these jokes and in reality I'll be sitting there with my arms folded in my lap saying my "please" and "thank yous"..
Jessica Simpson has more intelligent things to say.. Can I blame stupidity on pregnancy as well?? :)

2 comments to She's gunna be a soccer player..:

The Drama Mama said...

That is HILARIOUS......I mean, not funny at all! But, I will say this...you can absolutely blame anything on pregnancy. It's your free ticket...so milk it for all it's worth! I hope wild woman let's you get some sleep tonight! Love you!

Lisa said...

My sweet girl! I love that story! I can remember feeling like the Thanksgiving Turkey, waiting for the button to pop out. Isn't pregnancy a trip?! Just remember, it won't be the first time you've had an "outie."