Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Long story, with a happy ending..

Tuesday, October 7, 2008
So here is Gerard (pronounced Jared, for all you non-irish) and I sitting anxiously awaiting a routine doctors appointment. Wait.. Let me start from the beginning.

NO ONE told me just HOW emotional you can get during pregnancy. I knew about the mood swings, the hormone fluctuation, etc, but no one told me about the overwhelming urge to either reach over and whack a rude receptionist or uncontrollably hyperventilate in a parking lot..

I had my 18 wk ultrasound scheduled for yesterday at 1:30 in the next town over. Someone at my doctor's office told me to go to the hospital for it. Long story short, I was "over 15 minutes late" for the ultrasound at the real location, and all of my anticipation and excitement quickly went out the window when I was told I'd have to wait another TWO WEEKS to find out what I was having. I was overly upset. I couldn't handle counting down the days in my calender AGAIN.. I had even started counting hours.. silly, I know. I know that if I hadn't of been pregnant I would have just been worn down from all the running around but never upset to the point where I couldn't breathe.. what a mess. It took Gerard 15 minutes behind closed doors to calm me down and convince me that the baby was alright and that we didn't need to see to know the sex because it was definitely a boy (ha, don't think so....). Luckily, the sweetest doctor in the world, stayed over 30 minutes after closing to do a quick ultrasound to tell me I was having a GIRL!!! So there we are waiting in the doctor's office for my 2nd scheduled appointment of the day.. and my mom kept on clicking away with pictures...


Showing off the 18 wk and 3 days bump...



Gerard with his lovely mullet, touching his soon to be little girl...




My amazing doctor...

This is of course only 3/24 of the pictures she snapped. We didn't make it home till after 6:30.. that was such a long day. I still have to go to my scheduled ultrasound in two weeks however so they can measure the brain and all that.. watch them tell me it's a boy after all..

2 comments to Long story, with a happy ending..:

The Drama Mama said...

I cannot tell you HOW excited I am that you are blogging...LOVED your very first post. Your little baby bump is precious...I can't wait to watch her grow!

Now I don't feel like you are so far away...YAY!!! Keep the updates coming! Love you girl!

Annie said...

yes!! I can't wait to follow you through your pregnancy with this blog!
Love,
Annie