Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

♥ Date at the Drive-In

Sunday, August 30, 2009
There's a drive-in movie theater right in the heart of Shelby - a perfect "people watching" place more than a perfect place to watch movies.. They showed G.I. Joe and Halloween 2 and you tune into your radio to a certain station to hear the sound. It was actually really great - only $7 a car and we set up Bella's travel bed in the back seat and she slept the entire time, allowing us to have a real date. But before it got dark and before she passed out, I got some pictures with my cell phone.










Also, they have a snack bar which was so much cheaper than an actual movie theater. We watched G.I. Joe from start to finish and besides some expected corny lines, it really wasn't too bad. Gerard loved G.I. Joe as a boy so I think he really liked it. But then Halloween started and I lasted about 2 minutes.. It was pitch black, we're surrounded by woods and a lot of people had left by then and I was terrified. It's a really old drive-in (NC used to be in top 10 in the country for drive-ins, who knew?) so it was extra creepy - only gravel roads, no lights to prevent a glare on the screen, and it was a really big lot. But besides it being a really creepy place to watch a scary movie, it was really great for our type of budget and bringing the baby was so easy and convienant. They even give you a trash bag when you pay so that if you can fill it with your trash and leave it on the lawn and someone picks it up for you. Also, if your battery dies while you watch, you just open your hood and people know to come and jump you if they have the cables. It was a lot of fun and I definitely think we'll be going back!



Photobucket

0 comments to ♥ Date at the Drive-In: