Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

A moment to brag please...

Sunday, September 20, 2009
So this happened about a week ago but things got away from me so I forgot to post, but.. Gerard has been doing amazing on the team! He was named Big South Player of the Week, which means he was the best player that week out of every single person in their D1 conference which is basically the whole east coast..
THEN..

He was named MVP of their tournament to raise money for breast cancer..

AND THEN..
he was named to the national team in which only 11 players out of the entire country are chosen!! He is the only person at GWU, in the entire history of the school, to have been given that honor.

The reason for all this recognition was that he scored 4 goals and had one assist in just FOUR games.. he was on a hot streak. They have only had one game since so I'm glad I got the chance to report on his amazingness thus far.. but I just had to brag. Apparently Bella is going to be pushed into soccer with hopes that she enjoys it and I thought it would be nice for her to have something to look back on to see that her daddy was the best, because he is. He is having the most amazing senior year and I'm so proud of him.. now keep your fingers crossed that he gets invited to the MLS trials over the Christmas holiday!! I'm so proud of you Gerard! You make time to be a great dad, a great boyfriend, a great student, and a great player.. you are truly amazing and I love you.

(laugh all you want at me Gerry, I know you love it..)


Photobucket

0 comments to A moment to brag please...: