Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Cancer in our Bathroom

Sunday, October 25, 2009
So I've been doing a lot of research lately about the cosmetic products (like shampoo, conditioners, face wash, face moisterizers, lotions, soaps, etc) that contain more chemicals than in some of my basic house cleaning products. I looked up most of those big words you see in the ingredients list on the back of shampoo bottles and other things.. chemicals such as sodium laurenth sulfate, TEA (triethanolamine) Laurent Sulfate (Also DEA), DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide.. I could go on for quite a while, but spelling these words is making my head hurt..

I have to say, maybe ignorance has been bliss.. I always read the back of bottles in the shower while I'm waiting for my conditioner to "work" or if I'm just not ready to get out into that cold air.. and I NEVER knew what these ingrediants were.. but did I question them? Nope. I lathered up some more. For my entire life. 22 1/2 years of rubbing these chemicals on my skin! And we all wonder where our cancers come from. Why do they just pop up out of nowhere. What about those people who have no chancer in their family tree? Why have their branches been shaken? Are we, as Americans, being taken advantage of? Hardly any of us, including me, keep up with the news in Europe the way they keep up with ours. Why should we? So many things are happening right here, in the most powerful country in the world, we just don't have the time to read up on many other coutries outside of the ones involved in this war. But I can tell you something, most of these chemicals have been BANNED, as in made ILLEGAL, in Europe. Thus far, the FDA regulates NINE chemicals in cosmetics.. the EU prohibits over 1,100.

I have to put this out there for those that don't know.. about 75% or more of these chemicals in our products are known carcinogens and are linked to cancer. And we absorb over 80% of the things we put on our skin, as in they go right into our bloodstream. I had put them on my baby! They put these ingrediants in baby products! I couldn't believe it.. The ones that aren't carcinogens are either linked to dermatitus or other chronic skin condtions, or can be attributed to our common breaks outs (like mineral oil, aka parrafin wax, aka petrolateum). Even the perservatives in our products are things like Formaldehyde (but they put it in a fancy labratory term).

I know I've been ranting, but I feel very strongly about this. I want to warn everyone! We don't need to use these products! I myself have been making my own. I made my own shampoo, conditioner, skin care products, body lotion and body wash. Including ones that are safe for Bella (like an organic body wash with organic lavender essential oil that knocks her out when followed with chemical free lotion laced with the same lavender). I've thrown out everything else! Everything is now all natural, and I have to say, my hair has never been softer. My skin has never been brighter. My pores haven't been this small since before puberty! And it turned out to be really easy. Anyone out there who is more interested, contact me please. Any family members out there especially, who want some of these natural products, just let me know! I'll make them for you and bring them to you myself.. I'd do anything to get rid of your toxic products!

And don't fall for the marketing gimics by the large manufacturing companies! For example, L'Oreal has put out a Sodium Laurenth Sulfate (SLES) free shampoo and conditioner "free of harsh salts and sulfates" set called "Ever Pure" .. I checked it. This isn't even close to "pure". All of the other chemicals remain. Do not be fooled people!

If you're interested in anymore information, go to this link or this one and read up for yourself. We all trust the FDA.. so why are they allowing carcinogens in our baby shampoo? And they are aware of it, believe me. Please, join me in banning these products from your bathroom, from your children, and from yourself!

1 comments to Cancer in our Bathroom:

The Drama Mama said...

OK, I will be the first to admit that I don't usually (as in never) pay attention to this kind of thing. But you got me thinking...and since your coming here very soon...maybe you could hook a sista up! I would love to know more about what you have done to make your own products...intersting.

By the way...I can't wait to see you guys...I AM SO-SO-SO EXCITED!!! Love you and see you very soon! HUGS!