Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Recap..

Monday, March 22, 2010
I've been away for too long.. Here are some things that I need to catch up on before I forget them forever..

  1. The same week Bella turned 8 months old, she learned how to crawl, pull herself to standing (lots of boo boo's and tears at first), and how to "cruise".. so much so fast!
  2. Bella turned 1 on March 4th!! I made her cake myself out of a vegan blondie cake mix from Earthfare and used cream cheese mixed with vanilla and banana for the icing! She shared it with her pal Logan but I was sad that she didn't dive right in. Usually those chubby fingers are in everyone's food!! 
  3.  Bella took her first steps right after her first birthday! Now she can take an average of 8 steps on her own! She still prefers to hold our hand when she walks around in public and throws a FIT when we try to pick her back up. It is so adorable that she just wants to walk around in circles.. she has a huge smile the whole time. 
  4. I found my wedding dress!! I can't say much more at the moment just in case Gerard reads this blog.. but it's gorgeous and actually turned out to be eco friendly, which is something I wasn't seeking out, but still elated that it turned out that way. It took two trips to Atlanta (thank you mom..!) and I actually picked a dress the first time. That was followed by an almost panic attack and I changed my mind. The second trip was much more successful, I couldn't be happier with the dress! 
  5. The wedding is getting closer and school is finally coming to an end for Gerard and I'm so happy for him and for us. We're going through the process of getting his green card so hopefully he can start working soon and we can finally become more independent! I won't be done with school until December, but the end is in sight and that makes me really happy. I can't wait for this semester to be over, it will be the last one that I'll have to take on a full load. I'm so excited to move on from this poo town! 
  6. We had little mice in the house!! They were tiny little deer mice that seemed harmless and it made me ill to get rid of them because at first they didn't bother us. I know most females would freak out and demand them dead instantly! But I just had a really hard time with it.. I had to use those sticky sheets which kills them, but so slowly. And my mom has a phobia of mice and Gerard was a little miss about them, so I had to do ALL the dirty work and I didn't want to kill them in the first place! But I had to think of Bella first and I couldn't bear it if she caught some sort of disease now that she roams the floors... It was hard, but needed to be done. No squeaks lately, so I guess that killing the six of them was enough to scare the rest off. 
A lot more has happened.. But I'll do better to keep track. I really like the idea that I can come back and remember everything. Love you Bella! 

    0 comments to Recap..: